Last updated- 20 June, 2021
Nowadays nobody wants to depend on anyone for anything. Everyone wants to be self-independent. And this goes for shaving the beard or cutting hair too.
The solution to this is the cordless trimmers. Trimmers make life easier for men.
What is Trimmer?
A trimmer is a small machine with the help of which you can trim your beard or hair by yourself as per your style.
Why Should You Have a Trimmer
You do not have to rush to the salon every time you need to shave or trim some hair.
It’s very helpful for last-minute shaving if you have an important meeting and you need to look formal for it.
You can carry it anywhere, even when you are traveling somewhere. It will take a very small space in your luggage.
While vacationing you do not have to worry about your beard or your hair to look perfect, as you will have the solution in your hand.
Those who want to grow their beard, you can use a trimmer to trim the split-ends, which will help you in growing a smoother and fuller beard.
Moreover, we have seen a huge usage of this product during the COVID19 pandemic period.
During the lockdown when everybody was stuck at home, our social media were full of pictures and videos of people using trimmers to have a hair cut at home.
Difference Between a Beard Trimmer and Hair Trimmer
The major difference is in the type of blade used in these trimmers.
In the case of beard trimmers much thinner blades are used so that it can work smoothly on short hairs. These are also used to trim the hair on the neck and chin.
However, as hair trimmers are being used for cutting hair on the head which is much longer and thicker than facial hairs, so thicker blades are used for these trimmers.
You can also check this video to understand the difference between hair clippers and beard trimmers:
What Should You Look For in a Trimmer – Trimmer Buying Guide 2021
#1. Corded or Cordless
First check whether the machine is corded or cordless. Both have their advantages. While a cordless one will help you to shave anywhere even if you do not have a plug point near you.
On the other hand, a corded one will help you to shave even if its battery is low. You can plug it and continue shaving.
Corded machines are not waterproof whereas cordless is 100% waterproof.
#2. Types of Trimmer
There are two types – foil and rotary.
If you want a clean shave straight go for a foil trimmer.
But if you are one who wants to have a stylish beard then opt for a rotary trimmer. It will help you with the flexibility of shaving contours cutting through thick and coarse hairs.
You can also look for a stainless body with a solid grip, they are usually more durable.
#3. Types of Blade
There are generally four different types of blades used and each of them has its specialty.
- Carbon Steel Blade: These are very appropriate for the dense beard. But it tends to rust quickly and hence not durable.
- Stainless Steel: It is the most popular choice, These are sharp, durable and do not rust.
- Titanium: These blades are stronger and can resist dust and corrosion, hence more durable. But they are a little pricey.
- Ceramic: These are also very sharp and should be used with much more caution. BUt they are very fragile.
So, check the blade type and choose wisely before buying a trimmer.
#4. Battery Charging & Backup
- Charging Time – Generally, trimmers need 4 to 5 hours of charging for running 90 minutes to 1 hour.
- Running Time – In most cases a fully charged trimmer can work up to 1 to 1.5 hours.
#5. Lock-In Length Setting
Always look for a trimmer that has a precise length setting, so that you can style your beard the way you want. Generally, it ranges from 0.5mm to 20mm.
#6. Dry or Wet Technology
Definitely check for this feature if you are one to shave while bathing. This also gives a better experience with shaving cream, foam, or gel.
The points to look for are almost similar for both beard and hair trimmers, however, one important thing that you should always check in a hair clipper is its motor.
The motor makes a lot of difference in a clipper. The durability and performance of a hair clipper depend on its motor.
#7. Types of Motor
There are mainly three types of motor.
Rotary Motors: These have equal power and blade speed. These are helpful for various stylish hair cuts.
Magnetic Motors: These are electromagnetic devices, They work on high speed and also lightweight and compact. However, it is more prone to breakdown with extensive usage and noisier than other motors.
Pivot Motors: These are powerful but the blade speed is low. These are good for thick and wet hair. Hair professionals mainly prefer these.
So, now that you have an idea of a buyers’ guide for a trimmer, let’s dive into the list of some best trimmers available in India within your budget.
5 Best Cordless Trimmers in India Under Rs 5000 in 2021
#1. Philips BT3211/15 Beard Trimmer
The Philips BT3211/15 Beard Trimmer is one of the best of its kind. With its catchy color and strong grip, it makes its statement.
The package comes with a travel adapter and also a small cleaning brush.
The set is also available with a nose trimmer, which is charged extra. One of its best features is that it is both corded and cordless.
With 1.5 hours of charging it provides 60 minutes of work time. It has a fast charged battery, along with a battery indicator – low/full/empty/charging.
Another notable feature is the 20 lock-in length settings, ranging from 0.5mm to 10mm with 0.5mm precision.
It comes with 3 years of warranty and lasts 6 times longer.
- It can be used while charging.
- Cuts hair at a 30% faster speed with the lift and trim system.
- The machine is skin-friendly, with rounded tip blades. No complaint about heating and skin cuts.
#2. Lifelong LLPCM13 Cordless Trimmer
Lifelong is an Indian company started not long ago in 2015, with producing kitchen appliances. Now it has started to expand its product range and is also producing beard trimmers along with other products.
Lifelong LLPCM13 Cordless Beard Trimmer is one such product of the brand, which was launched in December 2019.
With 8 hours of full charge, it can run up to 45 minutes.
It also has a 20 length adjustment feature. Its adjustable comb settings range from 0.5mm to 10mm.
The blades are made of stainless steel, hence it’s durable.
- The blades are detachable and washable. Hence hygiene is maintained.
- It is very useful for light trimming.
- The warranty period is only 1 year, which is less than the other competitors.
- The battery is not durable.
#3. Ustraa Chrome Beard Trimmer
Ustraa is a range under an Indian brand the Happily Unmarried, which was launched in August 2015. This range specializes in men’s grooming products.
One such product under the range is the Ustraa Chrome Beard Trimmer, launched in May 2019.
It is both corded and cordless.
Its sleek lightweight body and comfortable grip make it interesting.
The package comes with three different sizes and a cleaning brush.
The blades are of stainless steel and coated with titanium.
Its best feature is its Lithium-ion battery, which charges within 1 hour and works up to 120 minutes.
It has large T shaped blades with a good comb locking mechanism and self-sharpening blade edge, which gives a perfect trim.
It comes with a 2-year warranty.
- It has an LCD screen that shows battery percentage, charging status, and oil level.
- The machines come with 5 strong adjustable ABS comb.
- Efficient low noise motor.
- It is not waterproof.
- After-sales services should have been better.
- Large titanium coated T-Shaped blades, sturdy ABS combs that don't rattle, better comb locking mechanism and self-sharpening blade edge that give you the perfect trim, every time.
- It runs on a smartphone like Lithium ion battery which gives 90-120 minutes of cordless usage time with a quick charge time of just 60 minutes.
- Sleek body design that gives you a better grip, LCD battery indicator and a kickass chrome finish that looks as good as your beard.
- For any product related queries contact: 18001036121 or 18004198407
#4. Braun Series 3 310s Trimmer
Braun is a German brand, specialized in personal care products.
Its trimmers are quite popular, for its innovative technologies. Braun Series 3 310s is one among them.
It’s a cordless trimmer with two powerful NiMH batteries which gives the machine an excellent battery life. The general charging time is 1 hour. However, even a 5-minute charge is enough for it to work for one shave.
The product is mainly recognized for its simple, intuitive design and advanced shaving features.
Its ergonomic grip ensures the safety of shaving even with foam, gel, or soap.
It has the wet and dry feature, which means shaving can be done using soap or foam.
Its uniqueness is the 3-Flex head, which has 3 independently moving shaving elements that can adapt to any facial contour and hence, reach all possible areas.
The head is super thin so it can reach difficult places. Also, the blades automatically retract, so that the skin remains soft and gentle.
It is 100% waterproof up to 5 meters.
The product also provides a 2-year warranty.
- Very quick charging.
- Skin friendly.
- As the blades are washable, hygiene is maintained.
- As it allows the use of shaving cream or gel because of the wet and dry feature, that ensures easy gliding and gentle shaving experience.
- The work time of the battery is lower than other models of the series, only 20 minutes.
- The lack of a side trimmer makes it difficult to shave sideburns.
#5. Havells RS7005-3 Head Rotary Shaver
Havells is an Indian brand with multiple series of personal care products for both men and women.
The Havells RS7005-3 Head Rotary Shaver cum beard trimmer.
With 8 hours charging of its Li-ion battery, it provides 30 minutes of shaving time.
It is equipped with three floating shaving heads which are made up of high-quality stainless steel and can move in 4 different directions.
You also get a pop-up razor for mustache and sideburn precision trim.
The razor has an on/off button with an LED light.
The package comes with a trimmer, charger, lubricant oil and a cleaning brush, whole body is washable as it is IPX7 waterproof.
The company provides a 2-year warranty for the product.
- The wet and dry shaving facility is available.
- The pop-up trimmer can easily take care of sideburn and mustaches.
- With the multi-direction feature of the floating shaving heads, it fits perfectly in all face and neck contours.
- It also has the blocking stop protection, which means it stops rotating automatically if the shaver heads get blocked by any chance.
- Also, has the beard struck prevention technology.
- 8 hours charging provides 30 minutes juice
- Battery backup is low
You can also check this video as a guide to trim beard at home:
5 Best Hair Clippers in India Under Rs 5000 in 2021
#6. Philips MG7715/15 Multi-Grooming Kit
With the Philips MG7715/15, Multi-Grooming Kit Philips has brought innovation at its peak. It is a whole-body grooming kit in just one tool.
It’s an all-in-one trimmer that perfectly takes care of facial hair, clips hair on the head, and grooms the whole body.
It is available in two colors – silver and black.
Its DualCut technology ensures maximum precision, with 2 times more blades. It helps in getting clear, sharp lines around the beard, neck, and hairline and also reduces body hair to a minimum length.
The blades are of stainless steel.
It has a Lithium-ion battery that delivers up to 120 mins of shaving time with only 1 hour of charging.
It has a high-quality rubber handle which prevents the risk of slipping while shaving.
The kit comes with many styling tools – metal trimmer, detail metal trimmer, nose & ear trimmer, body shaver, body skin protector attachment, 3-7mm beard adjustable comb, 2 stubble combs, 3 hair combs, and 2 body combs.
The screen shows the charging indicator and battery status.
The whole body is water-resistant.
It has four length adjustments ranging from 0.5mm to 10mm with a detachable head.
- It’s a versatile trimmer with 13 premium tools.
- It can be used during the shower.
- It also has 5 minutes quick battery charge feature for one shave.
- It comes with 5 years of warranty.
- Length adjustments could have been more.
#7. Wahl 9243-4724 Hair Cutting Clippers
Wahl is an age-old American company that produces men’s trimmers.
Wahl 9243-4724 is a complete home haircutting clipper.
It is available in two colors – white and black.
This razor makes it very easy to cut hair at home with its step by step instructions and guide combs and other hair accessories.
The blades are self-sharpening, cut through all types of hair, and are made of stainless steel.
It generally requires 3 hours to be fully charged and run for 30 minutes.
It has a 6000 RPM motor, which is electromagnetic. It’s a long-lasting motor that provides exceptional power for no-snag cutting. The motor works at a speed of 14400 strokes per minute.
It has 10 length adjustments and the trimming range is exceptionally good, ranging from 0.5mm to 22mm. The trimmer head is detachable and water-resistant.
It has a 2 year warranty period.
- The package comes with 10 guiding combs, scissors, cleaning brush, and blade oil.
- The razor also has taper control which allows the user to customize the hair cut more.
- The thumb adjustment lever gives it a comfortable grip.
- The whole body is not waterproof.
- Battery running time could have been better.
- It is a corded clipper.
#8. Nova NG 1153 Clippers
The brand Nova has many men’s trimmers but the Nova NG 1153 is an exceptional one. It is a total package.
The razor can be used for whole-body grooming – beard, mustache, nose, ear, and hair clipping.
It is both corded and cordless.
The blades are self-sharpening and made of stainless steel.
The battery is exceptionally good. It can run up to 160 minutes with a rapid charge of 1.5 hours.
It has 20 lock-in length settings ranging from 0.5mm to 12mm.
It comes with a 2 year warranty period.
Some other notable features are –
The LCD indicates the battery percentage.
The device is skin-friendly and has hassle-free maintenance which ensures safe and hygienic trimming.
- It has a USB charging facility.
- Excellent battery life.
- The razor comes with plenty of premium tools.
- It is not waterproof.
#9. Kemei KM-27C Rechargeable Professional Hair Trimmer
Kemai is a Chinese company that specializes in producing personal care products for both men and women.
Kemei KM-27C Rechargeable Professional Hair Trimmer is a unisex product that can be used by both men and women for body grooming.
It is a cordless razor.
Where many companies use plastic to make the body of the trimmers, this razor is made of fiber and the blades are of stainless steel.
It has 4 length adjustments settings with a trimming range of 0.5mm to 9mm.
It has a rotating mechanism for adjusting the size of the trimmer blades.
The battery has 55 minutes of running time.
Along with a cleaning brush and lubricating oil bottle, it also comes with 4 adjustment combs (4, 6, 9, and 12 mm).
- It is unisexual.
- Its compact size is travel friendly.
- There could be more lock-in lengths.
- The trimming range could have been better.
#10. Chisel 1100 Rechargeable Hair Clipper
In the middle of all the foreign brands, Chisel is one Indian company which is trying to be the next leading fitness brand of India.
Chisel 1100 Rechargeable Hair Clipper is a cordless men’s hair trimmer with a powerful motor.
The box comes with various comb adjustments, which can be used for multiple hair styling. It has a Lithium-ion battery, which takes 6 hours of charging time and works for 120 mins.
You get 5-length settings with a trimming range of 0.5mm to 12mm.
The blades are made up of stainless steel.
The blades have to be cleaned with brush and oiled after every use.
- Powerful motor.
- Running time of 2 hours.
- It is not waterproof.
- No warranty services.
Check out this video for quick and easy home haircut tips:
Now that you have checked out the list of cordless beard trimmers and hair clippers that you can buy in India 2021, don’t waste any more time. Decide which one is your favorite and place the order.
It is one of the handiest gadgets, which will help you daily. Also, I would personally suggest going for one of those grooming kits, which is a total package in one box.