Last updated on 04-Jan-2022
Access to the Internet now falls under fundamental rights & I’ll share with you the Best WiFi routers to buy in India for Home & Office.
Since the dawn of technology, progress has been constant. Every day, one or the other technological advance is ensured. In India we find Digital India changing the course of our living here.
Now more and more people including the lower section of the society, know how to fist the world. Each person out there has their own smartphone. Internet among all the advancements has been the most successful one.
It has almost collapsed the big wide world into a box that one can use from any nook and corner of the world. Internet is the big web of the network which binds the whole world by one thread strong and steady.
There are many ways of accessing the internet like for mobiles you need internet pack and configurations which when installed, the internet can be directly used.
Whereas for desktops and all which were made before the internet came into power has no such feature hence routers were invented so that even computers could access the net.
What Exactly Is a Wifi Router?
A wifi-router is a device that functions as a router but is also wireless and hence it can be used to get access to the internet without any wired connections.
It makes the Internet or a private computer network accessible to you. The model of the wifi-router determines whether it can function in a wired local area network, in a wireless-only LAN, or in a mixed wired and wireless network.
Why Exactly Do We Need To Buy It?
Since nowadays from filling forms to booking tickets to booking hotels everything has to be done with the aid of the internet.
When you are out of the station in a place somewhere where your mobile suddenly stops working but you have something very urgent which requires the internet then your router becomes your savior.
There are portable wifi-routers that you carry with yourself in case of emergencies. Even at home, when your mobile gives trouble, you can use the wireless router to get access to the net.
Hence it can be considered as a very important gadget viewing the world we live in today.
WIFI ROUTER BUYER’S GUIDE
For those who have little or no knowledge about this kind of gadget, you all need to follow certain steps that would guide you in buying the perfect router for you.
Follow the steps that are stated here in order to purchase the best router suited for your home.
First, you must decide your budget and the type of router you want to buy. If you want to buy a router with advanced features then you have to also increase the budget.
But if you want to buy a simple one then a minimum budget of Rs 900 to Rs 1000 would be sufficient.
Then comes the major factor which has its effects directly proportional to the performance of the router and that is the size and structure of your home or office wherever you are planning to set the router.
Bigger home or place, a more router with powerful signal and speed would be required which would bring about a massive change in the budget as well.
There are certain factors which hamper the connection and slow down the performance of the router, they are drywall, plaster, and hollow doors.
Then comes a major factor which is security, if you have young children at home for whom you want to restrict access then choose a router with better security options which provide parental controls and guest security access so that even if guests at house use the wifi still it would safe and restricted.
Thus in this wifi usage can also be controlled. Check for USB and LAN ports according to requirements. There are specifications for Ethernet ports if you need 4 ports to buy a router with 4 ports or 3 as per your need.
Then if you want to buy the product online, do verify the seller, check the rating and definitely read the reviews it does help.
Also when the product arrives do not forget to check the warranty card provided with the model and also the manual which will help you set the router correctly. Set the wifi and check the signal strength also.
Thus you must keep all these things in mind before buying a wifi router which is perfect for your home.
10 Best Wifi-Routers With Maximum Range Available in India For Home & Office
The ultimate list of dual-band wifi routers for long-range in India from the best brands. Excellent for home & office use. Best coverage guarantee.
Check them out and select any which suits your requirements.
#1. Tp-Link Archer C7 AC1750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Tp-Link is a popular company that people know about. This AC1750 router manufactured by Tp-Link is amongst one of the best wifi-routers in India for home use.
Its features are as follows:-
- With the help of this router, you can stream onto multiple devices that too in 4K quality which is crystal clear.
- The buffering can also be reduced by upgrading the device to 1750 Mbps.
- It has Gigabit Ethernet ports which are ideal for any internet plan.
- It also allows you to directly connect to any wired device.
- It has USB access which is a single multifunctional USB port that is used to share files and media. It can also connect to a printer locally using networked devices or remotely through the FTP server.
- It also ensures privacy regarding guest network access. It gives a secure Wifi connection for sharing with guests, family members, and other people. In the office, it can be set up easily using the TP-Link tether app.
- It has an IP-based Bandwidth Control which helps manage individual devices connected to the router.
- It also has the facility of WPA easy one-touch security encryption with a WPS button.
It is one of the best TP-Link provides. It was also ranked, ‘Highest in Customer Satisfaction for Wireless Routers in 2017‘.
#2. Tenda F3 300Mbps Wi-Fi Router
This Wifi-router by Tenda is also a home use wifi-router. It has a superior chip which gives an extraordinary result.
It is specially designed for the home network. It assures a fast, smooth, seamless connection that is stable. It is also wireless and thus a perfect medium for uploading pictures, streaming high definition videos and music.
It also supports video chatting and many other activities that require a huge amount of data and speed.
This model has three external antennas which amplify the Wifi connection and spreads it throughout the home and makes it perfect for use from anywhere in the home.
For parents, it also has a great advantage. Parents can create Wifi schedules and also block websites which they don’t want their children to see.
They can block the web content from the devices which children use to access the internet.
It has the facility of timing. One can set a scheduled time when the Wifi will automatically turn off that can be for instances when one falls asleep.
Thus the Wifi by turning off automatically will save you the pain.
This F3 device has a WISP mode which helps you connect to the router’s wifi and expand the wireless signal. It forms a web of networks.
The Model has an IP based bandwidth control that allows administrators to decide the amount of net a particular PC can use.
The security mechanisms supported by this device is WPA, WPA2, WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK
The installation process for this model is really easy whether you are an expert tech guru or a layman in these matters. Its input type is an Ethernet cable.
If you’re looking for wifi under 1000 then this is the best budget wifi router in India. To know more about the product click on the link below.
#3. ASUS RT-AC53 AC750 Dual Band Gigabit WiFi Router
Asus is a company popular for its manufacture of electronic consumer goods like laptops, phones, tablets, etc.
It also produces Wifi-routers. And here we bring before you, one of the best dual band wifi routers for long-range in India. This model has a high power design with a VPN server and a time schedule.
It also has a smart control with the ASUS RT dashboard including UI and set up monitors with control network applications. It has high-speed with a concurrent speed that goes altogether a rate of 750 Mbps data.
It has a Gigabit ethernet which helps transfer files ten times faster than other ethernet devices. It has a total of three Ethernet ports. It also comes with a three-year warranty.
#4. Netgear R6350 AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
NETGEAR is a multinational accompany based in CA, USA. They manufacture the best electronics & hardware products for consumers and businesses. Their dual bandwidth routers are of the best in the market. So, check this model from Netgear.
This router manufactured by Netgear has features like lightning speed powered by Gigabit ethernet. It has also extra external antennas. It provides three times faster speed than any normal router.
It can flawlessly seam online games in High definition quality, including videos, uploading pictures, and other things.
This Wifi capacitates 1750 Mbps. It has a huge wireless coverage for large homes. It is considered to be one of the best coverage wifi routers in India.
It has great popularity and is a highly rated product. To buy this product, click on the link below.
#5. Netgear R6400-100INS AC1750 Dual-Band Smart Wi-Fi Router
Here is another router from Netgear. This model is more expensive than the previous one but also gives better features and perfect functionality. It features:-
- It has 450 and 1300mbps speeds including high-power external antennas and a WiFi-Band with a simultaneous dual-band of 2.4 & 5GHz which is ideal for homes with more than 12 Wi-Fi devices.
- It has Netgear Genie application with which gives you more entertainment
- It has one 3.0 USB port and one 2.0 USB port.
- It concentrates on Wi-Fi signals from the wireless router to Wi-Fi devices.
- It provides a ReadyCloud USB access that allows you to enjoy personal and secure cloud space to the USB storage.
- Web filtering is also available for all your connected devices.
- It has 4 gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Can Work with any kind of Internet Service Providers like – Airtel Fibernet, BSNL, ACT, Vodafone, Tata Tele, Hathway, Beam Cables, Tikona, MyWorld, Nextra, Siti Cable, You Broadband, Spectranet, etc.
#6. Asus RT-AC58U AC1300 Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Router
Previously we had also mentioned one router presented by Asus. Here is another from the same and popular brand. Its height is 6.2 centimeters and has a width of 22 centimeters. It features:-
- Smooth and seamless wireless streaming of high definition videos and online games.
- It is a dual-band wifi-router having mi-mum.
- It also supports parental controls.
- It has a better Wifi range with four external antennas also including an air radar for better signal.
- It has a multipurpose 3.0.USB port which gives ten times faster speed without any hassles.
#7. AC1900 Wireless MU-MIMO Gigabit Router Archer A9
In my opinion, it’s definitely one of the best wifi routers with maximum range in India. This wireless router features:-
- Its speed details are 802.11ac Wave2 Wi-Fi – 600 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band and 1300 Mbps on the 5GHz band.
- Provided with MU-MIMO Technology that has three simultaneous data streams which help the devices achieve optimal performance and makes communication extra efficient.
- It also has boosted Wi-Fi coverage that delivers an extremely efficient wireless connection.
- Its Gigabit Ethernet ports (1 WAN 4 LAN) are made to deliver maximum wired speeds. You can plug in your PCs, smart TVs, and game consoles to receive extraordinary speed and powerful connection.
- It provides Intelligent Connection for Smart Connect directs clients so that the connection is less congested and the Airtime Fairness present optimizes the time duration it has been used for.
- It ensures advance security by allowing parental controls, guest network controls providing real-time strong privacy.
- It also allows Alexa & IFTTT to control the router by giving voice commands with amazon’s Alexa and makes life more convenient with IFTTT.
#8. D-Link DSL-2750U Wireless N 300 ADSL2
D Link is a company we have all heard about. Here we will talk about the wireless Wifi-router that is manufactured by the given company. It has a lot of features, some are even better than the other normal routers.
To start with it has a clear dual antenna which helps in catching the signals perfectly. Extreme fast and swift internet transmission. It also has an added feature and that is the LED backlight notification panel.
There are air vents and its wireless speed is unmatchable. It also provides total security with the Firewall protection, user access control, WPA/WPA2 wireless security, and priority queues, with a frequency ranging from 2.4 GHz to 2.484 GHz.
It also provides a 3-year warranty. It also has 4 ethernet ports altogether.
Also Read: Top 10 Best CCTV Camera brands in India
#9. Linksys E1200 Up to 300Mbps Wi-Fi Router
This product has a uniquely different and stylish look. It has wireless-N which provides speeds above 300 Mbps which clearly indicates that this model has speeds above 300 Mbps.
It also consists of MIMO antennas that are trustworthy and provide good Wifi coverage. It also has four ethernet ports including advanced security options that give parental controls and guest access for definite privacy.
It can also be easily set up with the help of a CD or Compact Disk.
For that you need to first plug the router into a power source and then connect it to your own internet modem or laptop or computer wherever you want to connect it and then insert the disk and begin the installation process and that in turn requires you to follow on-screen instructions.
It connects the software with the device automatically and will be used by the router later. It supports both Windows and MAC operating systems.
#10. Reliance Jio 4G Router – JioFI3
Now here comes the king of all brands Reliance. There is I hope nobody who has not heard of Reliance.
Here comes JioFI3 by Reliance Jio. It is amongst all the others a portable device that works with a Jio sim and hence is more profitable in today’s data world than any other router which can only be used at home.
JioFI3 can be recharged using any JiO pack and get the benefits as it is. It can be carried anywhere. It has a blazing speed of 150 Mbps and an upload speed of 50 Mbps.
It can be used in smartphones and hence can be used to make the calls and video calls. It also has a battery backup of 7-8 hours with a 2600 MaH non-stop which is great.
A memory card can also be inserted and all the details can be recorded as well.
Also Read: COOL GADGETS to buy under 500 Rupees
Thus we have discussed numerous wifi-routers mostly suited for home, but if you want an all-rounder you should definitely go for the Netgear R6350 AC1750 Smart WiFi Router.
It has both 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz bandwidth, 450-1300 Mbps supported and best dual band wifi router for long-range in India. Analyze your requirements and choose the best.