Photography is a subject that is a passion for millions of people. Some people are really passionate about buying good quality cameras with better features and specifications. There are many types of cameras.
Today we will talk about mirrorless cameras. Now the first question that will arise in your mind is:
What Exactly is a Mirrorless Camera?
A mirrorless camera is a camera featuring a single removable lens that uses a digital display system and not an optical viewfinder. It does not function like a DSLR(digital single-lens reflex camera) but more like a DSLM(digital single-lens mirrorless). It is sometimes also called EVIL (electronic viewfinder, interchangeable lens).
To state a known fact about mirrorless cameras:
The first mirrorless camera commercially marketed was the Epson R-D1 (released in 2004), followed by the Leica M8.
The Micro Four Thirds system, whose first camera was the Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1, was released in Japan in October 2008.
In contrast to DSLRs mechanically these cameras are simpler, lighter, smaller and quieter since they lack the moving mirror system.
More stats for nerds about these cameras:
- What is a Digital camera? Read Here
- Technological Performance Comparison between DSLR & Mirrorless Cameras. Read Here.
In this article, we bring before you some of the…
10 Best Mirrorless Cameras in India For Both Beginners & Professionals 2020
Check them out for a better understanding and for making a choice amongst the best:-
#1. Sony Alpha A6000L 24.3MP Mirrorless Camera with 16-50mm Lens
Sony is a company that became popular because of the cameras they manufactured, though later they shifted to a wide number of electronic and digital gadgets. They still do manufacture cameras and they are of really good quality.
This model that we are speaking about has brilliant specifications like 24.3 MP Exmor APS HD CMOS Sensor and BIONZ X Image Processing Engine, a 4D Focus, Wide 179 AF Points Coverage, Over Nearly the Entire Screen, Up to 11 fps Continuous Shooting with AFC, a Fast Hybrid, accurate eye AF.
Face recognition lock, it can play full high definition movies., has customization buttons, a tiltable LCD screen also has a high-resolution OLED Tru-Finder.
It has a picture effect, auto HDR mode and a facility of one-touch sharing. Sony also provides a number of photography apps that help you sharpen your skills.
- 24.3 MP Exmor TM APS HD CMOS sensor
- BIONZ X image processing engine
- 4D Focus with Fast Hybrid AF and 179 AF points
- Upto 11 FPS Continuous Shooting
- Tiltable LCD screen and OLED Tru-Finder EVF
#2. Canon EOS M50 24.1MP Mirrorless Camera with EF-M 15-45 STM Lens
Canon is also a very popular company that manufactures cameras. Their cameras have a quality that almost no other camera company has. This mirrorless camera consists of EOS M50 interchangeable lens which gives a 4K HD resolution that has the ability to capture minute details about a picture.
It has improved Dual Pixel CMOS AF, a 24.1 MP CMOS (APS-C) Sensor. It also consists of a built-in EVF3. It has a Touch and Drags AF lets you use the rear screen as a touch-pad while you’re using the viewfinder, so you can choose what to focus on with just a tap and without moving the camera away from your face.
It also features a Vari-angle Touchscreen LCD. It has Bluetooth and Wifi connectivity which makes it eligible for wireless connections. It has additional features too like
Automatic Image Transfer4, DIGIC 8 Image Processor and Silent Mode.
- Sensor: APS-C CMOS sensor with 24.1 MP (high resolution for large prints and image cropping)
- ISO: 100-25600 sensitivity range (critical for obtaining grain-free pictures, especially in low light)
- Image Processor: DIGIC 8 with 143 autofocus points (important for speed and accuracy of autofocus and burst photography)
- Video Resolution: 4K video with fully manual control and selectable frame rates (excellent for precision and high-quality video work)
- Connectivity: WiFi, NFC and Bluetooth built-in (useful for remotely controlling your camera and transferring pictures wirelessly as you shoot)
#3. Fujifilm X-A5 Mirrorless Cameras with XC 15-45mm f3.5-5.6 OIS Lens
Fujifilm is a really old and renowned company in this camera industry This model features a stylish retro and stylish design featuring a 180 degree tilting rear LCD screen with a built-in Bluetooth technology and an extended battery life, with up to 450 frames possible per charge.
It is lightweight and portable can be carried in your handbag easily. It has good connectivity options too. It can be connected to a smartphone using Bluetooth so that photos can be easily shared.
Fujifilm also offers a camera remote app that is compatible with iOS and Android devices. This camera also supports selfie-and macro photography.
There is portrait enhancer, eye-detection AF, the image quality is clearer than the crystal. There are 17 advanced filters available. There are 11 film simulations. It has a touchscreen LCD. It also consists of Exposure Compensation & Shooting Modes.
- Newly developed 24.2 megapixel APS-C sensor which outperforms previous models in its scene recognition accuracy in SR+ AUTO mode, color reproduction performance and skin tone reproduction capability
- Newly Developed XC15-45mmF3.5-5.6 OIS Power Zoom Lens
- Bluetooth technology has been added for quick, easy and automatic transfer of still images and videos to paired smartphones and tablet devices, using the free Fujifilm camera remote app
- Large rear LCD monitor that can rotate 180 degrees
- High resolution and high Definition 4K video recording
#4. Fujifilm X-T20 Mirrorless Digital Camera W/Xf18-55Mmf2.8-4.0 R Lm OIS Lens
This is another model from Fujifilm. It is a bit more expensive than the previous one but with more price comes more features so yeah it does have more features.
It comes in silver color and has 24.3MP X-Trans CMOS III APS-C sensor with no low-pass filter and X-Processor Pro and 5.0Fps Live-view shooting, start-up time of 0.4sec., shutter time lag of 0.050sec. And shooting Interval of 0.25sec. It also features a
3.0″ tilting Touchscreen panel for operation at almost any angle. It supports 4K video using the x series’ famous film Simulation effects (including ACROS).
It also has AF-C custom settings for moving subjects. Any recorded video can be transferred to an external monitor via the HDMI port and input audio from an external microphone.
- 24.3MP X-Trans CMOS III APS-C sensor with no low-pass filter and X-Processor Pro
- 5.0Fps Live-view shooting, start-up time of 0.4sec., shutter time lag of 0.050sec. And shooting Interval of 0.25sec
- 3.0" tilting Touchscreen panel for operation at almost any angle
- 4K video using the x series' famous film Simulation effects (including ACROS). you can output recorded video to an external monitor via the HDMI port and input audio from an external microphone
- Af-c custom settings for moving subjects
#5. Sony ILCE-7RM3 Full-Frame 42.4MP Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Camera Body
If you really have a deep passion for photography and camera and are ready to spend any amount of money to purchase the best, then this model from Sony can be your soulmate.
It has an illuminated back with a 42.4MP Full frame sensor and an enhanced image processing engine. Consists of eye autofocus. Can shoot up to 76, images continuously in one shot. Supports anti-flicker shooting. It also has an OLED Tru finder. There are
Dual Slots with UHS-II Compatibility and a touch screen LCD for Intuitive Focus Operations(IFO).
Allows smooth PC Tethering via USB 3.1 Gen 1 Port. It gives crystal clarity, natural and more realistic 4K Movies. HDR movie production is possible with this camera.
It has one-touch remote and one-touch sharing. Support uncompressed RAW 14bit format. Silent shooting is also an option available with this glam cam. Its price is really high.
- 35mm full-frame “Exmor R” CMOS sensor with approx 42.4 effective megapixels
- Enhanced BIONZ X image processing engine with front end LSI
- ISO sensitivity: 100 – 32000 (expandable 50 – 102400)
- 14bit RAW format (ARW)
- Image sensor-shift mechanism (5-axis compensation) of a 5.5 stop compensation performance
Topics you may also like:
#6. Panasonic DMC-G7KGW-K Mirrorless Camera
Panasonic is also a popular name in the market of cameras. This camera by Panasonic captures the perfect moment with time. It supports 4K recording. There is Defocus (DFD) and Auto Focus (AF) technology with contrast to AF.
It produces high-quality precision and higher speed. It beautifully and accurately captures low-light pictures with its AF technology and hence there is no compromise in the image quality even due to low light conditions. a
It imparts a sense of perfect sight and framing.
A rear monitor also features high visibility even for sunny outdoor shooting. And, the tilt touch display gives you the freedom to find unusual perspectives while maintaining easy operation and full image control.
There is a Panasonic Image App which helps in viewing and There is also an option for Wifi. 5 Axis Dual Image Stabilization is also present.
- PROFESSIONAL PHOTO AND VIDEO PERFORMANCE: 16 megapixel Micro Four Thirds sensor with no low pass filter to confidently capture sharp images with a high dynamic range and artifact free performance; WiFi enabled
- 4K VIDEO CAPTURE: 4K QHD video recording (3840 x 2160) with three 4K Ultra HD capture at 25p and Full HD ( 1920 * 1080 ) at 50p
- 4K PHOTO MODE : 8MP PHOTO BURST MODE at 30 fps, extracts individual high resolution images from 4K Ultra HD video filmed at 30 frames per second to capture split second moments
- INTUITIVE CONTROLS: Easily control aperture and shutter settings with the front and rear dials while making white balance and ISO adjustments on the fly; Assign favorite settings to any of the six function buttons (six on body, five on menu)
- HIGH RESOLUTION VIEWFINDER AND LCD DISPLAY: High resolution (2,360K dot) OLED Live View Finder and rear touch enabled 3 inch tilt/swivel LCD display (1,040 dot) are clear even in bright sunlight
#7. Nikon z7 Mirrorless Camera
Nikon is a company that every one of us knows and hence it is reliable right?. Now the model which we are about to discuss is really expensive which is but for professionals or people who are very passionate about cameras.
These are specially used in order to shoot films, short films or other stuff in the same category. So before I reveal its price let me tell you about its features, it is Nikon’s first FX-format mirrorless camera with 45.7 effective megapixels.
The new NIKKOR Z lenses give an optical performance and deliver overwhelming edge-to-edge detail in both stills and videos. It supports 4K UHD and 8K time-lapse movies. The pictures clicked by these cameras are sharper than ever.
- Single frame, low-speed continuous, high-speed continuous, high-speed continuous (extended), self-timer
- Electronically-controlled vertical-travel focal-plane mechanical shutter; electronic front-curtain shutter; electronic shutter
- Automatically switches between monitor and viewfinder displays
- Up to 9 fps Low-speed continuous: 1 to 5 fps High-speed continuous: 5.5 fps (14-bit NEF/RAW: 5 fps) High-speed continuous (extended): 9 fps (14-bit NEF/RAW: 8 fps)
- Auto; programmed auto with flexible program (P); shutter-priority auto (S); aperture-priority auto (A); manual (M); user settings (U1, U2, U3)
#8. Nikon z6 Mirrorless Camera
One model down from the model mentioned just above this one. This one manufactured by Nikon is a bit less expensive than its more advanced model.
- 24.5MP FX-Format BSI CMOS Sensor
- has an EXPEED 6 Image Processing Engine
- Supports UHD 4K30 Video
- N-Log & 10-Bit HDMI Out
- Built-In 5-Axis Vibration Reduction
This camera also includes NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S Lens and FTZ Mount Adapter.
- 24.5MP FX-Format BSI CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 6 Image Processing Engine
- UHD 4K30 Video; N-Log & 10-Bit HDMI Out
- Built-In 5-Axis Vibration Reduction
- Includes NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S Lens and FTZ Mount Adapter
#9. Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera
Olympus is not a very popular name but it does produce good cameras. This model by Olympus has a lot of features like it has 14-42mm EZ Lens with a 16GB SDHC Card. 16.1MP Live MOS Sensor & TruePic VIII Image Processor with UHD 4K30 Recording.
There is Clips Video Mode, which has In-Body 5-Axis Image Stabilization, It consists of 121-Point Contrast-Detect AF System and 8.5 fps Shooting, Stylish body design and built-In Wi-Fi.
Durable body features include two dials, a directional pad, and a shortcut button for fast, intuitive control.
- 16.1MP Live MOS Sensor and TruePic VIII Image Processor
- UHD 4K30 Recording; Clips Video Mode, In-Body 5-Axis Image Stabilization
- 121-Point Contrast-Detect AF System and 8.5 fps Shooting
- Body design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- Country of Origin: Vietnam
#10. Panasonic LUMIX G7 4K Mirrorless Camera
Here comes another one from Panasonic. This model has Max Resolution upto16 Megapixels with Max Shutter Speed of 1/16000 Seconds.
It has an Interchangeable Lens Camera Kit with 14-42mm Lens, then, High Image Quality of an assurance Allows 4K PHOTO Function. Also, there are 4k video recording 4 K photo modes.
It has Intuitive Controls. It has Fast and Precise Auto Focus Tracking.
- Superb DSLM image quality without the bulk and weight of traditional DSLRs
- Never miss a photo with three unique 4K Ultra HD Video pause and save 4K Photo Modes
- Fast and precise auto focusing tracks the subject. Focus mode- AFS (single) / AFF (flexible) / AFC (continuous) / MF, AF mode- face/eye detection / tracking / 49-area / custom multi / 1-area / pinpoint
- Class-leading, ultra-compact, interchangeable lens and accessory option. HDMI: microHDMI TypeD / VIERA Link,Video: Auto / 4K / 1080p / 1080i / 720p / 480p,Audio: Stereo
- Unwire Your Creativity with integrated Wi-Fi sharing
Thus we discussed so many mirrorless cameras and their features. But amongst them, I would suggest or rather ask you to purchase the Sony Alpha A6000L, which will certainly be better than the others and also to some extent one can afford it. Check out the details given above and make your decisions based on them.