Updated on 22 Jan, 2021
Well, we all know that Amazon is the king of online shopping sites in the world but that not it now Amazon has been making all sorts of smart tech gadgets in many different categories.
Today in this article I’ll discuss the list of Amazon devices in India that you can buy in 2021.
It has now one of those big companies which manufacture a lot of products. Ideally, it started as an e-commerce site way back in 1996 but now it is effectively making some of the coolest gadgets that you can buy online from Amazon only for personal & family use.
From e-book readers, smart plugs, smart home speakers, online media streaming devices, security cameras to tablets they’re literally making some of the latest electronic gadgets in the market.
Amazon Device Wiki:
- Echo Dot 3rd Gen
- Echo Plus 2nd Gen
- Echo Sub
- Echo Spot
- FireTV 4k
- Kindle Oasis
- Echo Show
- Echo Recast
- Fire TV Game Controller
- Alexa Smart Plug
- Echo Auto
- Echo Clock
- Echo Link
- Echo Input
Though not all of the Amazon devices are available in India, don’t worry the best ones among them are freely available online & offline(Reliance Trends). Here’s what you can buy as of now.
14 Best Amazon Devices to Buy in India 2021
4 Best Amazon Echo & Alexa Smart Speakers in 2021
These speakers are one of the cool gadgets on Amazon India. They can be used for so many purposes it makes life some tasks fully automated.
Amazon has worked on the AI of its virtual assistance so that it can understand what Indian is speaker irrespective of their accent.
Alexa right now in India playing Bollywood songs more than anything else as per reports. The developer team of Amazon Alexa has added more than 70,000 skills to echo devices.
Amazon Echo is a cloud-based voice service, to play music, answer questions, read the news, check the weather, set alarms, control compatible smart home devices, and more.
Amazon Echo compatible devices in India? There are approx 28,000 Alexa compatible devices from a total number of 4.5k different brands. Impressive isn’t it?
All the echo devices support calling feature but they need to have Alexa calling enabled for it to work.
#1. Echo Dot (3rd Gen) – Smart Speaker With Alexa
This successor to the second generation echo dot smart speakers. It is way smarter, powerful and good looking from the previous one.
It comes with a fabric interior which makes it even more appealing than its predecessor. It is available in 3 color variant charcoal, grey, and sandstone.
Echo Dot 3rd gen is 70% louder and probably the most popular smart speaker for home in India due to it’s a price of Rs 4449/-
It’s only rival Google Home Mini speaker which is also priced at Rs 4449/-
- Echo Dot is a smart speaker that can be operated by voice, is compact and can fit in your favorite places
- You can use Echo Dot as a Bluetooth speaker by pairing your phone to it. Or you can connect it to other speakers/headphones through Bluetooth/3.5mm jack
- Stream millions of songs from Amazon Prime Music, Spotify, JioSaavn, Gaana, and Apple Music
- Access songs in Hindi, English, Telugu, Tamil, Punjabi, Marathi, Bengali, Bhojpuri, Kannada and more
- Just ask Alexa for music, news, trivia, scores, weather, alarms, kids rhymes and stories
#2. Echo Plus (2nd gen)
Echo Plus 2nd generation has a new fabric design that comes with premium sound backed by a built-in smart home hub. Believe it or not, Echo Plus 2nd gen sound is powered by Dolby, play 360° audio. Extra bass for you. Just say ” Alexa, increase the bass”, and it will do it for you.
It has some more cool features like a temperature sensor, if the temperature of your room is below normal then it will send a notification to your smartphone using the Alexa app to turn on the room heater.
It is basically a Zigbee smart home hub whose sole purpose is to connect to all the other smart devices in your home, control them using it and most probably allow users to take some action.
It is equipped with 7 far-field microphones that enable it to listen to your voice from a long distance and even if you’re in a noisy environment.
This is the biggest advantage of Alexa smart speakers over other google home speakers. This updated version has 2.5″ woofer and 0.6″ tweeter.
- Premium speaker powered by Dolby for 360° audio with crisp vocals and dynamic bass response.
- Comes with a built-in hub to easily setup and control your compatible smart home devices from Philips Hue and Anchor - Just ask “Alexa, discover my devices”. Also voice control other smart lights or your existing AC, geyser, water pump, air purifier using smart plug (smart home accessories sold separately).
- Just ask Alexa for music, news, trivias, scores, weather, alarms , kids rhymes and stories.
- Alexa is always ready to help in both English & Hindi
- Stream millions of songs from Amazon Prime Music, Spotify, JioSaavn, Gaana, Apple music.
#3. Echo Sub
This is a new Amazon smart speaker “Echo Sub“, pretty much do all the same stuff as it’s other variants but the main intention behind making it, was to provide you the same echo device but with much more powerful bass & sound thus like any other subwoofer, 100W deep bass sound through a 6” woofer.
You can pair it with other echo smart devices or other amazon echo compatible devices that you have in your home.
If you have echo speakers (at least two speakers) at home then you can pair it with this echo sub for a left-right stereo sound effect much like having your own 2.1 speakers.
If your main purpose of buying the Echo device is for listening to music then you should definitely go for this one because it has great BASSSSSSSSSSSSS.
- Echo Sub delivers down-firing, 100W deep bass sound through a 6" woofer.
- Pair with Amazon Echo or Echo Plus (sold separately) to enjoy dynamic music that fills the room.
- Pair with two Amazon Echo or two Echo Plus for rich left/right stereo sound.
- Simple to set up and use—just plug in, open the Alexa app, and wirelessly connect to your Echo device(s) to control music with your voice.
#4. Echo Spot
The one thing that Amazon echo devices were missing was an LED screen. Now that has also been addressed with this model but they have sacrificed sound quality. It is not as powerful as it’s other variants.
Things you can do with Echo Spot are watching videos, live tv, video calling, audio calling, set personalized backgrounds & clock faces.
If the sound of the Echo spot is too low for you then you can connect it to any speaker using an aux cable by plugging it in the 3.5mm audio jack.
Other than using it for video call you can be using it as a baby monitoring system also. It will show you the live camera feed of your baby’s room in your other echo spot device.
A cool thing about Amazon Echo Spot is that it can match any design of any room, keep it on the table with an analog clock face.
Best Amazon Online Media Streaming Device in 2021
This is now the future…
Don’t have any smart tv? No problem!
Using an online streaming media player you can transform your non-smart tv into an internet tv a.k.a. smart television.
Seeing the reviews and rating on both Flipkart & Amazon, you can easily guess the popularity of these devices with over 4.4-star rating for both Amazon Fire TV and Google Chromecast.
Over thousands of these have been sold in 2018. Even I have bought a FireTV Stick with Amazon prime annual member for my tv. Believe me, it’s the best thing I’ve invested in this year.
#5. Fire TV Stick 4K With Alexa Voice Remote
This is the upgraded version of Fire TV stick 2nd generation which has 1080p resolution and normal voice control remote.
In this one, they have added 4K Ultra HD, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, HDR, HDR-10, HLG, and HDR-10+ along with Alexa enabled voice control remote.
The new remote control comes with many extra features like volume control keys, a mute button and a power on-off button which I think they should have provided in the previous model too.
There is nothing else to discuss apart for that fact that you’ll need a high-speed broadband connection with an unlimited plan is a must. But don’t you worry, in the settings they have the option of which video model you want to set as default like 480p, 720p, 1080p etc.
If 4k ultra HD is not your requirement or your tv is only FHD model then it’s better to settle down with the non-4k model you can trust me 1080p resolution is a way to the good already. Period.
- Our most powerful streaming media stick —over 80% more powerful than the best-selling Fire TV Stick.
- Launch and control content with the next-gen Alexa Voice Remote. Use the dedicated power, volume, and mute buttons to control your TV.
- Enjoy brilliant picture and immersive sound with access to 4K Ultra HD, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, HDR, HDR-10, HLG, and HDR-10+. Choose from thousands of movies and TV episodes. Enjoy favorites from Prime Video, Hotstar, Netflix, Zee5, Sony LIV, Apple TV and others.
- The official YouTube app is now available on Fire TV. Use your voice to find, launch and play content on YouTube. Simply say "Alexa, open YouTube" or "Alexa, find movie trailers on YouTube"
- Experience thousands of apps, Alexa skills, and millions of websites like Facebook, and Twitter.
Best Amazon E-book Reader 2021
#6. Kindle Oasis
Kindle Oasis ebook reader is bigger, better and one can read like real paper without any glare due to its anti-glare feature which is also the selling point of other Kindle devices.
Kindle Oasis first waterproof (IPX8) Kindle device comes with a 7-inch display having 300ppi with metal back unlike others having a plastic back. It comes in two variants 8GB & 32GB.
It’s large, sturdy and sleek design(ultrathin 3.4mm) which as complained by users is very slippery and if it falls the screen with definitely crack.
Apart from this is it has the adaptive front light, which is a cool feature that enables you to read ebooks for hours without any eye pain or eye discomfort.
Unlike any other Kindle device, this one has Page-turning keys which come handy, a useful feature for people who love to read!
Time for the features that caught my eye apart from those above: The connectivity in this device is WiFi and Free 3G.
So, is free 3G means you need a sim card right? Nope.
The built-in free 3G is the same as the signal that is used by mobile carriers but the catch is that it will be paid by Amazon. So, technically you may not require any wifi if the 3g speed is not up to the mark. Amazon is claiming that their free 3g service coverage is well over in 100 countries. So, I hope you’ll get nice coverage in India.
One disadvantage that I’ll like to point out is that due to its large screen the battery drains out quickly.
So, this is probably the last Amazon Device that you can buy online in India from Amazon.
But the list doesn’t end here I’m sharing all the other coolest technology gadgets that are being made by Amazon Inc.
Update now Echo Show is also available on Amazon India, check it out below..
- Our largest, highest resolution display— 7” and 300 ppi, glare free.
- Built-in adjustable warm light.
- Thin and light ergonomic design with dedicated page turn button. Faster page turns.
- This device does not support playback of Audible audio books.
- 32 GB storage to hold even more books and comics.
#7. Echo Show 5
The main difference between Echo Show & Echo Show latest generation is that it later has premium speakers with Dolby processing and a whopping 10.1 inch HD screen.
Echo Show 5 is a truly smart home automation product, it is like the next version of Echo Sub built-in smart home hub with an added screen to it.
It would rather choose the Echo Show over Echo Sub if I have only one option.
What Echo Show 5 can do?
Well, everything smart home assistance should do i.e. answers your queries with perfection and make your life easier by controlling other smart home devices.
As Alexa play a song it will play audio & video both. Even it can display the song lyrics for you from Amazon prime music. You can also stream music from Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio.
Want t cook something don’t to the recipe then just say “Alexa, show the recipe for….!“, and it will find & play the recipe video for you.
Very good for Skype video call & calling using the Alexa app. It also supports hands-free messaging but I don’t how much amazon’s smart assistant is capable of recognizing and correcting your mispronunciations.
Basic things that it can do pretty well:
- Set an Alarm
- Set a reminder
- Control other devices in your home
- Add items to your shopping list
- Set up compatible Zigbee devices
This smart tech gadget from Amazon is up to the task but there is a lot of room from improvement.
- Alexa can show you more : Smart display with 5.5” screen and full sound, ready to provide you entertainment, help manage your day better and connect you to friends and family - just ask and Alexa will respond instantly.
- Video and music entertainment : Ask Alexa to show your favourite TV shows on Amazon Prime Video and Netflix, or stream music videos from Hungama Music. Enjoy music from Amazon Prime Music, Spotify, JioSaavn, Gaana, Hungama. Keep your kids entertained with skills like Chu Chu TV, Chhota Bheem and more.
- Manage your day better : Ask Alexa to help you manage your busy life by setting reminders and timers. Watch the latest news or get weather updates while you are rushing through your daily chores.
- Makes your home smart : Use your voice to control compatible smart devices or manage them on the easy-to-use display. Ask Alexa to show you the kid’s room or dim the bedroom lights or switch on the AC.
- Video calling : Call friends and family who have the Alexa app, an Echo device with a screen, or Skype. Use drop-in feature to check on your kids or parents – just like an intercom.
7 Best Amazon Devices That You Should Know About in 2021
#8. FireTV Recast
This Amazon device is purely for the US market. You simply can’t any of your cousins or friends living in the US to bring it for you it will be of minimal to no use at all.
It’s a modern DVR that lets you watch free over-the-air and on-the-go programming. That’s not all you can record the entire show and watch it later on your fire tv, echo show, fire tablet and even on your smartphone. It gives 500GB of free space can record up to 75 hours of HD programming.
You’ll also get 2 tuners for free with that you can record up to 2 shows at once.
“Alexa, open Channel Guide” or “Alexa, record ‘Riverdale.’”
But here is the catch the FireTV recast alone can’t do much it requires some other 4 things to function which are sold separately. They did like what Apple does lol.
Things you need to use Fire TV Recast to watch & record over-the-air TV are:
- An HD antenna
- A Fire TV streaming media player or Echo Show
- Access to the free Fire TV app on a Fire tablet
As it is a first-generation device it has some performance issues and not-a-user friendly UI. I hope, they will improve this FireTV Recast in future updates.
#9. Amazon Fire TV Game Controller
Amazon is pushing people to use its services & devices more than others. The Amazon Fire TV game controller is here just to make your gaming experience even better.
Without this wireless game controller right now one can play games using the remote control which sometimes is……….
Looking at the design of the controller I can be pretty sure it will fit in hands well. To make it special they have added instant voice search press the button and ask what you want to search.
As claimed by the company battery will last up to 90 hours without headphones.
Big Flaw: It only supports FireTV Stick (2nd Gen).
Devices it doesn’t support: Fire TV with 4K Ultra HD – Pendant Design, Fire TV Stick 4K, Fire TV Edition smart TVs, or Fire TV Cube).
Honesty, I don’t see any reason why people should buy this Amazon Fire TV Game Controller. Seriously, I mean if you have Play Station or Xbox, you’ll not go after this because you’ll not get that gaming feel on firetv.
If you’re someone who’s not into gaming but occasionally likes to play games on your smartphone then you can upgrade to this and enjoying how gaming feels like playing using a controller.
#10. Alexa Smart Plug
To control the smart electrical appliances of your home you’ll need to use smart plugs. Smart plugs are wifi enables and can be controlled by smart home assistants like Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
Smart Plugs are a necessary thing if you want to transform your normal home into a perfect smart home.
Like all other Alexa & Google Home compatible smart plugs this Alexa Smart Plug can do the same tasks efficiently.
Need to stop the ac? Just say “Alexa, turn off the A.C.“
Switch on-off lights, tv, micro oven, washing machine just by using your voice command. Perfect for elderly persons.
One advantage: It doesn’t require any smart home hub.
For Alexa Smart Plug to work you need to buy any of these smart gadgets Echo, Fire TV, Fire tablet, Sonos One. Don’t have these cool gadgets at home? No problem! You can operate it with the app also just install the Alexa app on your smartphone.
Note: Amazon Smart Plug works only with Alexa if you’ve Google Home or Apple Home Pod it’ll simply not work. This is a downside.
#11. Echo Auto
After making smart speakers for home now it’s time to have the same experience in your car too.
Basically, this a cool car gadget that helps you to integrate the features & function of Alexa in your car.
This echo car device plays music using your car speakers, so that sound will be better & louder in this case. All you have to do is just attach it to your’s car’s dashboard. You’ll get Echo Auto Dash Mount free with Echo Auto.
This one also equipped with eight microphones with far-field technology that means it can recognize your voice even in a noisy environment like traffic snarls.
Amazon Echo Auto is competing with Google’s Android Auto & Apple’s CarPlay.
What can you do with Echo Auto?
- Play music from Amazon prime music, Apple music etc.
- Listen to a podcast
- Long journey? Play Audiobooks from Audible.
- Create a to-do list, manage your calendar, set reminders
- Make voice calls
- Broadcast your message to your other Alexa enabled devices at your home.
- Ask for direction
- Set location-based routines (New)
- Enjoy Alexa’s 50,000+ skils
So, you can get an idea of what things you can do if you have this cool car gadget.
Unfortunately, you can’t buy this, it’s exclusively available by invitation only. All you can do is a request for an invitation. Good luck with that.
#12. Echo Wall Clock
Amazon is going to make each and every gadgets or device in-home Alexa compatible, one fine example is the Echo Wall Clock.
When Analog meets Digital, lol.
Seriously, why this type of clock? Why not something digital with a led screen?
Maybe they have some other plan, or they want to keep things simple for users.
- It has 60 LED digital display whose function is to shows the number of reminders is set through paired Echo devices.
- Shows the time just like any other analog watch.
- When an alarm goes off the digital LED lights flash brightly several times.
The built quality is cheaply made from plastic but the design is a simple analog wall clock that can fit in any interior.
- The big disadvantages of this Echo Wall Clock are:
- It can’t learn any skill or does it responds to any command.
- It has no speakers too.
- It does not show how much time is left until an alarm triggers.
- No music for alarms as it is deprived of speakers.
Basically, it is a Bluetooth paired wall clock, all you can do with this clock is set timers. I’m very skeptical of this device, maybe deaf people or people with a hearing problem may get benefit from this Echo Wall Clock.
#13. Echo Link
Want to take your existing stereo sound system to another level then Echo Link is all you need.
The Echo link connects to your existing music system/home theater to an Amazon Alexa powered music system. How cool that be?
For setup, all you need is an Echo link with an amplifier or receiver connected to the speakers.
This device is just in its nascent stage, still more improvements need to be done to make it a badass thing to own. My recommendation to wait until a new improved version is released or it’s upgraded 2nd generation.
#14. Echo Input
This is it, the last technology gadget that I am going to discuss here as of now will update this article as the new cool electronic gadgets are developed by Amazon Inc.
Just like Echo Auto & Echo Link, the Echo Input is an input device made to turn your normal external speakers into Alexa control smart speakers where you can have most but not all of its features.
You can effectively transform your BlueTooth speakers into smart audio devices just by connecting it with a 3.5mm jack plugged into the Echo Input.
What can you do using the echo input?
- Voice command for any songs, playlist, audiobooks, podcasts etc.
- Listen to the latest news
- Order something from Amazon.com
- Create lists, manage your calendars, timers, alarms etc.
- Control other smart home automation devices.
What can you not do is: Voice Calling and Drop-In via Bluetooth, these currently unavailable don’t whether it will be added in the future or not.
It can be operated just by installing the Alexa app on your smartphone available for both Android & iOS.
What’s interesting is that it can now do tracking fitness and playing games. New amazing cool skills are being added over time.
So, hope you like my post about the list of Amazon Device that you can buy in India 2021, and also that I have mentioned about the gadgets that you can’t buy right now in India.
Some of the things that I have discussed these smart tech gadgets are my personal views as I haven’t used all of them. My views are from reading the technical details and what people are saying about these devices on Amazon only.
This post will be updated timely when Amazon Inc launches the latest electronic gadgets in the Indian market or in the US.
Most importantly don’t forget to share this post with your geeky friends. Feel free to share on your favorite social media sites.